Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Sweet Fall

Fall has been incredible and we have been blessed with a beautiful one. The trees are turning and losing leaves and it leaves me realizing that winter is soon upon us. I can hardly believe that my darling baby girl will be turning 9 months in just another week. Many of the women in my life have warned me that when you become a mother time just flies by, but I never believed it until now.

A dear friend of mine recently had her baby (last week) and I am so excited to visit soon. However, it had my mind going and going as I started to think back on those first few days and weeks of Hailey's life. What a change comparing her to a newborn born only a few days ago. It amazes me how God created us and how each day Hailey learns just a little more about her world. She is so curious and excited to live life.

She is trying so hard to crawl but can't quite figure out how to move forward. It frustrates her so badly because she just wants to get going. She has figured out how to move backwards so I know it is only a matter of time. She has learned that people have names and that mama and dada are Kyle and I. I cannot even express the feelings I feel when she says mama to me. I never knew those words could mean so much from your child.

Monday I stayed home with Hailey because she had a fever. It really got me to think and evaluate where I am in my life and made me more aware then ever. I have ALWAYS dreamed of being able to stay home while my children are young. I have struggled more than I have let anyone believe by going back to work. Every day I tell myself that it is going to get easier, yet I find each day to get harder and harder. This isn't what I pictured when I painted my perfect life. Sure, it is exactly everything I wanted, just one small glitch of missing the important milestones in my daughter's life. Unfortunately for me, staying home is not an option and I am praying that it starts to get easier to be away from her day after day. After all, Hailey stays with family most of the week. What could be better than that? I spend my nights giving her all of my attention until she falls asleep. I just pray that summer comes quickly and I am off to be with her again.


Chelsea

1 comment: