Thursday, February 3, 2011

Happy Birthday Peanut!


Dear Hailey,

Here I sit on the eve of your birthday, thinking back to those last few moments before you were born. I was so ready to meet you and could hardly wait for you to make your arrival. I never thought that you would arrive two weeks early.

Exactly one year ago you changed my life in so many ways. Words cannot describe the joy I felt the day you were born. I knew I would never again be the same person I once was. Watching you grow over the past year has been an incredible blessing and one that I will cherish for the rest of my life.

You started your life out with quite a cry in the delivery room, and hearing your little voice left me speechless. I could not believe that I had brought such a beautiful baby girl into this world. You instantly were a cuddle bug and did not want to leave my arms all night. The first night in the hospital room, you knew when someone had laid you down and immediately awoke from your slumber to let me know that you wanted to be held. That night you laid in bed with me, cuddled until the morning.

It is incredible how much we love you. Our lives have not been the same since you arrived. We are not the same people; we are better because you are here. You inspire us everyday. Your daddy and I marvel at your every change and feel blessed for the moments we share with you. We have loved watching you grow, from your first smile, first words, funny shrieks and sounds, and your hearty belly laugh. We are both fascinated by your every move and sound, and we look at each other in amazement of what a beautiful daughter we have, both on the inside and outside.

You are now eating the meals that only Daddy and I eat and love to drink from a straw. When you see that Daddy or I have something different to drink you point so that you can have a taste. I am pretty sure your favorite word is daddy and you constantly crawl around saying it. Bath time is your favorite part of the day! You would take 10 baths a day if we would let you. You shriek and play in the water, scooting back and forth and splashing. You are not afraid and are curious about everything around you.

As you begin this next chapter in your life, you will continue to learn so much about the world around you. My hope is that you never lose your curiosity and continue to let the simple things make you happy. I hope that you experience all of the joy, happiness, and love that you have given Daddy and I.

I love you Hailey Raye!

HAPPY 1st BIRTHDAY!!

Love,

Mommy

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday Hailey!! Can't believe how fast time flies!!

    ReplyDelete